June 24 @ 9:00 am - June 27 @ 4:30 pm
Handweavers Guild of America – Convergence 2020
Cochenille Design Studio will be vending and hosting classes at Convergence 2020
Save the Date! This international fiber art experience will take place in Knoxville, Tennessee July 24 – 27, 2020.
Susan Lazear, owner of Cochenille Design Studio, will be teaching, “Prototyping Garments and Measurements and Patterns”
Please check back to this page, more information about Convergence® Knoxville 2020 and our classes will be available in the future.
From the convergence website:
First-time visitors are typically amazed by all Knoxville has to offer. In this one, unique location, mountains meet music… art meets adventure… culture meets cuisine… and no one meets a stranger. The pure walkability of downtown allows people to explore and discover vibrant murals, local music, historic sites, art museums, parks, greenways and more. With its sophisticated mix of culture and cuisine, served up with genuine hospitality, Knoxville will surprise you.
- Knoxville is conveniently located just off I-40 and I-75, just minutes from I-81
- Knoxville is within a day’s drive of half the continental U.S.
- Knoxville boasts 120 daily flights from more than 20 nonstop destinations from McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS), 12 miles from downtown.
Convergence® will be held at the Knoxville Convention Center in Knoxville, Tennessee. Additional Sessions will be held next door at the Holiday Inn World’s Fair Park: Downtown Knoxville Hotel.
New for 2020:
- Meals: Share stories of your Convergence® adventure as you dine with old friends and new. Tickets for the Fashion Show and the Keynote both include dinner. You may also purchase a meal plan for additional meals so you may stay close to the fiber action.
- Skein Competition: Spinners enter your work to be judged and placed on exhibit in the Marketplace.
- Panels: Each afternoon we offer an informational panel on opportunities for artists and crafters. Learn from those who have done it. A special evening panel will take place Sunday when Cathryn Bergeman moderates a panel on her graduate thesis topic: The Handweavers of Modern-Day Southern Appalachia: An Ethnographic Case Study. Admission is included with the purchase of a CVP or Day Pass.
- Silent Auction: HGA has some fiber goodies we’ve collected. Get in on the action and join us in the Marketplace and place your bid. All proceeds benefit HGA’s Fiber Trust.
- Thread Talks: Share with our audience your story or one of your fiber art experiences.