- This event has passed.
Webinar Workshop: Pattern Pizazz – Workshop, Creative Pattern Making Skills (hand)
February 24 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 pm$50.00
Pattern Pizazz – Workshop. Creative Pattern Making Skills (Hand)
Saturday, February 24th, 2024
9 – 11:30 am PT.
To sign up click here.
Even though we like to use computer pattern drafting, it is always a good idea to know some basics of hand-drafting.
In this workshop you will learn several hand pattern making techniques that can help you transform one garment style into another. Working with 1/4-scale basic patterns, students will learn how to add flare, create asymmetrical fronts, add a collar, alter an armhole style and other techniques. You will slash, spread, tape, and create; and realize it doesn’t take much to add your unique touch to a pattern.
In advance of the workshop, students will be emailed several files to print out. This will include 1/4 scale pattern blocks and a handout of designs we will create in class.
- To learn how to perform several basic pattern techniques which can be used to add interest to a garment.
- To demonstrate how and where each of these techniques are used in fashion clothing.
- Techniques include adding flare, asymmetrical styles, straight to A-line, adding a collar, and pockets.
Supplies: printer paper, paper scissors, scotch tape, measuring tape, ruler, pencil, manilla file folder, glue stick
If you sign up, please check your SPAM folder for the webinar invitation as often browsers divert our emails there (due to an attachment and URL link).
No Need to be Present Live!
We’ve listened to your feedback and will have the webinars available to review for attendees who sign up prior to the scheduled webinar but are unable to attend at that time. The video will be completely unedited, directly from the webinar meeting. It will be available for two weeks after the webinar is hosted.
What do you get with a Webinar?:
Online webinar (60 – 70 minutes) (or access to the recording if you can’t attend)
- Handout in Advance
- Access for two weeks after the webinar to review the video
- PDF of the PowerPoint lecture (for personal use)
- 15% discount code for Cochenille Products (excluding software upgrades, Retreats/Workshops and webinars)
- Webinars need a minimum of three participants to host. If we do not meet this minimum, the webinar will be canceled two days prior, so be sure to register early.
After registration, we will email you with the webinar invite and handout, one day prior to the scheduled time. Following the webinar, you will receive a link to the video recording and a PDF copy of the PowerPoint.