Garment Designer Overview
Garment Designer Overview for Windows or Macintosh. This pattern making program allows you to create patterns for both sewing and knitting. It includes libraries of ready-to-wear body measurements, or you can input your own measurements to create a more custom fit. While you work, you can see the shape of your body (the sloper) sitting inside the pattern you are building.
Garment Designer 2.5.5 (Windows)
Garment Designer 2.9.1 (Macintosh for High Sierra through Ventura)
• Windows XP to 11
• Macintosh 10.6 to 13
Garment Designer 2.9 is compatible with Mac OSx Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey, and Ventura. It is a Mac-only version version and includes everything in 2.5 plus a little more.
Garment Designer now uses a software key for protection. Once you order, we will send you a digital download, License Code, password and serial number. Upon installation you will enter your License Code and password while on the Internet so that your activation is noted on the server. You do not need to be on the Internet to use the software, but you will need to allow validation of your activation to occur ever two months (which will be invisible to you if you are on the Internet).
A .PDF User Manual will be installed into your program folder after installation
The process is simple.
- Choose the size you want to work with (built-in or custom)
- Select the category of clothing (top, dress, skirt, pant, etc.)
- Choose your desired garment styles (neckline, armhole, body style, etc.)
- If you like, edit the points through click-and-drag, to customize either the fit or the style.
- Add any extra style items such as collars, pockets, etc.
- Sewers may then add facings, hems, seam allowances, as desired.
- Knitters will input their gauge.
- Print schematics, patterns, and/or knitting instructions.
What Makes us Unique?
People often ask us, what makes our software different than others on the market.
To respond.. we would say.
- The software is designed and tested by practitioners, textile artists and craftspeople.
- Our target customer is someone who wants to be creative and/or achieve good fit, yet doesn’t necessarily know a lot about pattern drafting.
- The program can be used by sewers, knitters, weavers, and stitchers.
- Pattern editing (for style or fit) is visual, and easy to use.
- We have built-in pattern smarts, which keep armhole/sleeve and neckline/collar combinations in sync with each other.
- A symmetry function helps you make changes to the pattern in all the corresponding places at once.
- We include all pattern sizes (men, women, children, baby, etc.) in one program.
- We develop for Macintosh and Windows and have for over 20 years.
- Our audience ranges from home users to professionals in the field.