- This event has passed.
Zero Waste (Minimal Waste) Design Challenge Deadline
September 1 @ 8:00 am - 11:59 pm
Our current Design Challenge is ‘Zero Waste’ or ‘Minimal Waste’. This is a sustainable movement that has been gaining momentum.
Design and create a garment using Garment Designer that has minimal waste and submit a photo and the pattern to us. (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your photos could include how much waste/scrap fabric or yarn is left.
- Use the void of a neckline to create a pocket
- Use simple shapes which can be laid out effectively
- Create other items with the waste area of your project, such as brooches, accessory items, etc.
- Use Garment Designer’s Pattern Layout to see how much waste you have in any given design.
- Ethnic clothing styles often have minimal waste.