USB HASP key not working/HASP Driver Update
Please go to the following Support page for more information on the USB HASP key and Updates: http://www.cochenille.com/support/usb-hasp-key-driver-info/
If your computer is having trouble recognizing your HASP key or the light does not come on when plugged in, please update/install the most current driver by following the instructions below.
Often when your computer’s Operating System is updated, the compatibility can be lost between your computer and the USB HASP Key driver. If you update your OS, it is always a good idea to update your HASP key Driver.
If you are trying to access the Garment Designer program and receiving an ‘error 33’ message or ‘H0009’ this is a driver communication error.
This means the driver for your HASP key has either not been installed, did not install correctly or needs to be updated. Please make sure to have the USB HASP key unplugged when installing the driver.
1. Unplug your USB HASP key and ensure you do not have any security settings or antivirus software enabled that would block the download and installation of the driver.
2. Click on the link to download the latest HASP Key Driver installer. Note that you must have browser pop-ups disabled for the download to begin.
3. Once you open the link on your web browser, scroll to the bottom of the website page and click ‘I accept’.
4. Click on the link provided to download the installer file. Note that you must have browser pop-ups enabled for the download to begin.
5. Once you have downloaded the zipped file, it will be sent to your downloads folder. The unzipped or expanded file name will be Sentinel_Runtime.dmg for Mac and HASPUserSetup.exe for Windows.
6. Click on the file to open and then select ‘Install Sentinel Runtime Environment’
7. After the installation is complete, restart your computer.
8. Plug your HASP key in, wait for the light to turn on and then Open Garment Designer. We suggest waiting a few minutes after restart before plugging in the key, as some computers will not recognizes the changes right away.
The USB HASP key will need to be plugged in during software use. It does not have to be ‘ejected’ when you disconnect it. We recommend attaching a keychain to the key for easy location, remember losing it will lose access to the program.
Please view the following video to see how to update your Hasp key driver. Some of you might have difficulty doing this which may be dependent upon your computer security settings.